This week there is tons going on! Come to the CLSI to get more information!
Omega Delta Rush Week
Knights of Columbus Rome Week
College of Education Student Council
Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness Week
Colleges Against Cancer Meeting
Colleges Against Cancer Blood Drive
Triangle Fraternity Rush Week
Delta Chi Rush Week
Applications for Global Village out
Winter Flurry Applications
Alpha Omega Epsilon Rush
Dance Inc. Dancer Auditions
CHECK OUT THE INVOLVEMENT LINK FOR MORE!
aMUzing Race is this Friday at Marquette Place everyone! Get excited!
Edge of Tomorrow will be playing this Thursday, the 28th, in Central Mall, from 9-11:30 PM. There will be popcorn! See you then!
Welcome back, everyone! We hope the first day back of classes was great! This Thursday, from 4-7, will be Organization Fest in the Central Mall. Tons of student organizations will be setting up tables for you to go meet them, and learn more about their organization. We hope to see you there!
The Center for Leadership, Service, and Involvement is a multifaceted, collaborative workspace that is designed to meet the specific needs of our over 270 student organization. These organizations reflect the diversity of Marquette students with everything from Club Sports to Greek Life and everything in between. Below are 5 unique student organizations you didn’t know existed.
1) Capoeira Nagô Marquette (Capoeira) - Capoeira is a 500-year-old Afro-Brazilian dance-form used by captured slaves to express themselves and pass down traditions. It blends dance, acrobatics and martial arts elements into an experience which is utterly unique.
2) Classical Fencing Society (CFS) - On Guard! This club sport is dedicated to the history and practice of European swordplay. Are you prepared if the Black Pearl hits Lake Michigan?
3) Club Waterski and Wakeboard - Are you the next Tommy Bartlett?
4) Gamers’ Association at Marquette (GAM) - No, they’re not playing the new Call of Duty, these cats stick to board and card games. Who doesn’t love a good game of Candyland?
5) Medieval Society at Marquette (Medieval) - ‘nuff said.
Thus far this school year, MUSG has given student organization slightly less than $85,000!
$85,000, that is a lot of money. To put that in perspective, here are a few items that are valued around $85,000.
A Rolex GMT-Master II watch
A BMW Activehybrid 7
And finally, just about 83 shares of Google valued at $1,022.31 per share.
The point is, Marquette Student Government provides student organizations a valuable resource for funding that all student organizations should try to take advantage of. If an organization is interested in funding, there is an application process through the MUSG Student Organization Funding Committee. The next deadline for funding applications will be January 14, 2014.
Click here for more information about funding